Welcome to the colloquium website.
The aim of the colloquium is to bring together researchers with interests in vortex dynamics (classical and quantum) and related topics such as mixing and geophysical fluid dynamics, to allow both communication of new results and ideas, but also cross-fertilization between linked subjects. The topics to be highlighted include:
• Vortex dynamics: interaction and motion of vortices.
• Vortex stability, linear and nonlinear.
• Mixing of vorticity and scalars induced by vortices.
• Role of vortices in geophysical fluid dynamical problems.
• Vortex dynamics and stability in superfluid helium and atomic Bose-Einstein condensates.
• Superfluid turbulence.
The colloquium runs from Tuesday morning (11th September) through to Friday lunchtime (14th September). There will be 8 invited lectures of length 50-60 minutes, contributed papers of 20-30 minutes and posters.
The colloquium will be held in the Harrison Building, home of the School of Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics of the University of Exeter. The accommodation will be close by on the scenic Streatham Campus.
Early Registration Deadline 15th June 2007
Sponsors: We thank Dr. Lorena Barba for kindly providing the images
and Dr. Chris Smith for assistance with web pages.
We thank Dr. Lorena Barba for kindly providing the images and Dr. Chris Smith for assistance with web pages.
University of Exeter