Sitemap: [ Home | Publications |
Here are some graphical tide tables that I made for the Exe Estuary (click on the links below).
I hope you like them - do let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement.
- Blue means lots of water, red means not much.
- Day of month on the left.
- Time of day along the top and bottom (adjusted for British Summer Time where appropriate).
- Dashed yellow line indicates high tide.
- Day of week and lunar phase on the right.
- Sunrise and sunset shown by grey shading.
- Tidal constants for Exmouth found by least squares fit to one year's high/low tide data.
- All calculations and graphics done with R
- I am following in the footsteps of my grandfather, Edmund Jupp.
- He used to produce tide tables (initially on a BBC micro...) that looked like this
Here is an animation of the global semidiurnal tide (amplitudes in cm): click here .
Here is an animation of the semidiurnal around the UK (amplitudes in cm): click here .